Just a few weeks after you’ve lived through the trauma of Thanksgiving with the fam, you have to endure the office holiday party. December is the time of year we gather ye ol’ office crowd together for some holiday bonding over food, wine, and embarrassing moments (aka: Office Party Fails!). But at least those office holiday parties give us something worth laughing about. Here are some of our favorite #Officepartyfail tweets:
1. When you figure out your boss is actually cool a little too late in the game.
Just left my office party. Found out after bland-talking with boss that he’s super into comics and sci-fi but now it’d seem like sucking up.
— Mental Errorist (@MentalErrorist) December 5, 2016
2. When your boss’ idea of a “party” is really work in disguise.
The “party” part was donuts and red bull and we had to go through slides on how to improve business. #officepartyfail
— Michelle Giraldo (@mcxmg) December 3, 2016
3. When you’re the “new guy” and all you want to do is make a good impression.
First year at new company, boss spills corona into my lap. Stood by restaurant’s fireplace 2dry my pants while all laughed. #OfficePartyFail
— Michael H. Bower (@mhbower3) December 2, 2016
4. When the party planner doesn’t know a party without karaoke is a major office party fail.
Got so drunk at my husbands office party that I grabbed the podium mic to sing karaoke. There was no karaoke. #OfficePartyFail
— Shannon Rogers (@shandance2) December 2, 2016
5. When you see your tweets the next morning.
@Brandi_Love nice drunk text. My apologies. It’s office party season.
— colonel (@colonelgadsden) December 8, 2016
6. When you and your colleagues just aren’t on the same page musically.
I knew the office party was not for me when they played “Blurred Lines” instead of the superior-in-every-way “Word Crimes”.
— Uncle Vinny (@uncle_vinny) December 12, 2016
7. When nobody else remembers it’s a pot luck party.
Bro I’m damn near the only person who cooked for this office party and if I am, I’m keeping my mac n cheese to myself
— DeVonte Hughes (@JustVonny) December 11, 2016
8. When that one guy just refuses to have fun.
A coworker was forced to participate in a $10 maximum Secret Santa one year. He protested by bringing ten $1 cucumbers. #OfficePartyFail
— Ed Hill (@kingedhill) November 30, 2016
9. When your Secret Santa is a lazy gift-giver.
My Secret Santa was a 500g bag of Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt. When I find the culprit I will hug them tightly & then slap them in the face.
— Marackristmas! (@marackers) December 12, 2016
10. When you realize you’re better off having no recollection of the events that took place.
Didn’t think I was too drunk at works Christmas party but apparently I was trying to lasso people in biltmore with a big piece of rope
— Caroline Barnett (@clbarnett_) December 12, 2016
Having fun at a holiday office party with those people you see day in and day out can be, well, interesting. But admit it: office party fails are what make office holiday parties their own special brand of fun. Want to share your office party fails? Join the conversation on FB or Twitter.